Tues, June 5th is the Global History Transition Regents
Students should review Regents Invite for all scheduled Regents
Full Regents sched. http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/schedules/2018/504hs-june2018.pdf
What is Career and Technical Education (CTE)?
Rigorous, relevant academic and technical instruction aligned to career pathways identified as high‐skill, high‐wage, and high‐demand through labor market needs.
In what NYS Career Clusters does Hillcrest currently offer their CTE Programs?
• Business Management & Administration-Virtual Enterprise
• Health Science-Nurse Assisting
• Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security-Law Academy
• Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics- Computer Assisted Design/Computer Assisted Manufacturing, Software Engineering
What are the requirements of a CTE program of study?
All CTE programs operating in NYC must demonstrate alignment to the New York State Board of Regents policy on Program Approval through the 5 quality indicators to ensure programs deliver college and career readiness outcomes for students. Program requirements include:
• CTE State certified teachers who remain current in their profession
• Sequence of courses (minimum of 7 credits) that prepares students for a seamless transition to employment or postsecondary study
• Direct benefits to students: industry‐based assessments, credentials, or dual enrollment college credit
• Work‐based learning: instructional activities, within a real‐world, work‐related context, that allows students to build a bridge from adolescent roles in the classroom to adult roles in professional settings.
• Partnerships with business, industry and postsecondary institutions to inform and validate the integrity of the program’s design, content and continuous improvement
Work-based learning (WBL) is a progressive, multi-year sequence of instructional activities that extends students’ learning from school into a real-world, work-related context. These experiences allow students to build a bridge from adolescence to adulthood
WBL activities can occur in any grade - at any school; it is a core strategy in Career and Technical Education (CTE). Here are a few examples of different types WBL that prepare your students to fully participate outside the classroom.