Cell phones and other electronic devices Regulations.
October 11, 2019
The Department of Education has issued new regulations regarding the use of cell phones and other electronic devices brought into the school building.
Under the new policy, Hillcrest High School will be instituting the following protocols:
- Students will still be expected to store their phones in backpacks, or out of sight during the school day;
- Although electronic devices may be brought into the building they must remain in the off position;
- Absolutely no cell phones will be turned on in locker rooms, bathrooms, during Emergency Preparedness exercises, or during the Administration of any exams;
- Electronic devices being used in the hallways and classrooms will be subject to confiscation, stored in the Deans’ office, and Parents will be required to arrange a pick-up for these devices.
- Students who use cell phones, computing devices and/or portable music entertainment systems in violation of the DOE’s Discipline Code, the school’s policy, Chancellor’s Regulation A-413, and/or the DOE’s Internet Acceptable Use and Safety Policy will be subject to discipline in accordance with the guidance interventions and disciplinary responses set forth in the Discipline Code.
In an effort to foster responsible digital citizenship among students, please discuss this revised policy with your children.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.