Performing & Visual Arts SLC
Jessica Mendoza SLC Director
Theatre Track Overview
Award-Winning Theatre Track
- Exposure to producing, directing, writing and performing as well as technical aspects of theatre including lighting, sound and set design.
- Students of all grade levels have opportunities to perform in different settings: plays, musicals, open mic nights, the Winter and Spring Festival of the Arts and Thespian Show.
- Partnership with the LeAp arts program providing an intensive playwriting residency that engages students in storytelling and creative expression.
- APVA students have participated in competitions all over New York City including the August Wilson Monologues, National Shakespeare Competition, and LEAP’s playwriting competition.
Art Track Overview
Comprehensive Art Track
- Four year art track for advanced students
- Portfolio 1 and 2 immerses students in a broad range of media including collage, printmaking, drawing, painting and sculpture
- Portfolio 3 and 4 expands on students’ skills sets and knowledge with opportunities to work on large-scale projects using a broader array of materials
- Graphic design and independent study offered during the 11th and 12th grades
- Advanced Placement 2D Portfolio
- Art Regents