Principal Opening Letter
Good Afternoon Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! As we begin to emerge from this stressful pandemic, we look forward to welcoming you back into the building on September 13th!
Below is information on the upcoming school year and links to various important items that we ask all families to review and complete as soon as possible. All of the below information, and more, can be found on our website: http://www.hillcrestweb.com/
In addition please be sure to review the DOE Safety Reopening document which is attached to this email. As a school we will be ensuring student safety through social distancing in classrooms, mandatory mask wearing, placing air purifiers in each room, and there will also be hand sanitizer and other PPE provided to classrooms.
Please see the following procedures for September 13th - First Day of School:
- Reopening Parent FAQs: English, Spanish, Bengali
- First day of school for all students will be Monday September 13, 2021. All instruction will be in-person, there is no remote learning option this school year.
- Student schedules will be posted on Pupil Path by Friday September 10th, 2021. Continue to check your schedules during the week of 9/13 as adjustments will be likely.
- Incoming Freshman are invited and encouraged to come into the school on Friday September 10th from 9am to 12pm to pick up their schedules.
- All students must wear masks in school. The school will provide masks if you do not have one.
- Metro Cards will be distributed during the first day of school
- All students must take the DOE health screen each day prior to entry: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/?type=G
- Students must complete a Covid testing consent form. Paper copies will be given out on the first day of school.
- The school building will open up at 7:45am each day for student entry
- Students will be provided with a grab and go breakfast upon entry
- Students are encouraged to bring back their DOE issued iPads and school issued laptops for use in the building and during class
- Hillcrest HS is a scanning school, students should arrive early to ensure they have time to go through scanning procedures.
- Hillcrest HS will run on a multi-session schedule. Some students will be dismissed at 2:50, and others will be dismissed at 3:38pm, depending on their individual schedule.
- As a reminder, Hillcrest is a closed campus - students are not permitted to exit the building prior to the completion of their assigned class schedule.
Please review our FAQ document, the attachment from the Chancellor, and reach out to our Parent Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you on the 13th!